Regina International Film Festival (RIFF) is now accepting volunteer applications for the 2015 Film Festival. Check out the volunteer job descriptions below and sign up! We also have year-round volunteering opportunities. We're recruiting volunteers throughout the year to fill a number of important positions for our various events and general office help. Team leaders for all departments are required as well. All positions require dependability, a positive attitude, and the ability to work independently or with a team. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out how to receive complimentary film tickets,
It's also a great way to get an inside view into the film industry and meet hundreds of dynamic people. If you are interested to be a part of RIFFA’s team of volunteers, you can fill out the volunteer application online here.
Complete the Application form from above and submit to email@example.com or fill out the form below.
- Distributes promotional materials (volunteer posters, festival posters, program guides) in assigned areas.
- Ability to relate to people in a friendly and professional manner, access to vehicle an asset. Dependable, ability to work independently and as a team member.
- We need volunteers to work on special projects including the design and decoration for our Opening Gala. If you have experience in set/stage design and would love an opportunity to work on a creative project and showcase your work, we want to hear from you!
- All duties related to audience at festival screenings including ushering, line-up, door traffic control, greeting & ticket exchange, information desk and other venue duties as required. Conducts in-person surveys with audience members.
- Ability to approach people in a friendly and professional manner; work independently and as a team member, attention to detail, intuitive “people-person”.
- Assist with set up, clean up for industry events, parties and other festival special events. Involves beverage/food service, hosting duties, and anything else required by special event coordinator.
- Attention to detail, Serving It Right an asset, friendly and polite, ability to interact with VIP guests. Works as a team member and independently. *Servers require Serving it Right and Foodsafe certificate.
- Provides food and drink service for guests at hospitality suite at venue during first weekend of Festival. Assist with event set-up and clean up. Hosting duties.
- Service sector experience an asset. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. *Servers require Serving it Right and/or Foodsafe certificates.
- Drive guests to and from venues and events, hotels and airports. Assists passengers with luggage and in boarding vehicle. Involves running errands, courier services and assisting with distribution.
- Ability to interact with VIP guests in a professional manner, works independently and as a team member, punctual and dependable, clean driving and criminal record. Access to a vehicle an asset for courier services but not necessary for position.
- Assists with administrative duties prior to and during the festival. Duties include reception, answering phones, promoting and providing information to the public about the festival, data entry, photocopying, filing, errands and cleaning and other general office duties as required.
- General office skills, knowledge of Excel, Word, Filemaker Pro an asset, ability to work independently when Festival staff is busy, familiarity with Mac’s. Good work habits such as punctuality, dependability. Friendly and enthusiastic about the Festival, positive attitude.
- Sells festival tickets and memberships at Festival box office, processes all monetary transactions. Includes shifts for pre-festival ticket sales. Able to provide public with Festival information and answer questions that arise.
- Ability to provide service to the public in a professional and friendly manner, knowledge of customer service and sales an asset. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Operate film, video projectors, and/or video cameras during festival screenings and events. Projectionists, film clerks and technical assistants, projection tape checkers.
- Experienced projectionists, experience in setting up video projection.
- Document and photograph festival events. Help upload and update pictures on the festival website.
- Experience in photography an asset. Having your own camera is not a requirement. Work independently and as a team member.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We support emerging film makers and Saskatchewan’s great film culture. Along with this mission, RIFFA supports the 'Canadian Mental Health Association' with maximum ability and needs your support to effectively lead this mission. Let's join together…We Support CMHA !!!Donate Now!
2151 Albert Street
Toll Free: 888-530-2324
Office Number: 306-988-8620
Fax Number: 888-530-2324